As the notorious tag line that pertains to the hit HBO series, “Game of Thrones,” “Winter is coming.” That means it’s time to winterize your GSXR, or get it winter-ready. This is so that you can still enjoy it throughout those sharpening cold days. Here are some tips on preparing your GSXR for wintery rides.
- Ensure that your tank is always filled. Bring fuel stabilizer with you whenever it’s time to fill up the tank. Add some of that in accordance with the directions on the product label. This will make sure that the fuel doesn’t freeze up or anything.
- Monitor your oil! Make sure that you get it changed before winter arrives.
- Keep a close eye on the chain. Periodically check on it to make sure that it’s free of caking or debris. Clean it and rel-lube it as needed. This also goes for levers, foot pegs, and etc.
- Check tire pressure regularly.
- Have Sta Bil Fogging Oil ready, or any other kind of fogging oil. Fogging oil services as lube for cylinders so that they operate smoothly and takes care of moisture. Spray this stuff into the air take and crankcase. Use as the product label suggests.